Just a summary of where we are currently at!
CROUCHLAND BIOGAS LTD;
1. Does not have the required planning permissions
2. Has had the production and export of biomethane deemed unlawful by WSCC ...
3. Has an OPRA rating from the Environment Agency of ‘F’ – the worst score possible, after numerous breaches to its EA Permit and 3 significant pollution events, killing all aquatic life in several kilometres of waterways. Crouchland Farm is due at Worthing Magistrates Court on 27th May 2016 in relation to the pollution of the River Kird in December 2013. No news yet about the 2015 and 2016 pollution events.
4. Which an AD expert has stated is the fourth largest gas refinery in Europe - and probably the largest in the UK
5. Which signed a 20 year deal with SSE/SGN before planning permission had even been applied for
6. Which now has a credit rating of 11
7. Which receives in the region of £5 million / year subsidies from the RHI scheme, despite not having planning permission and despite the export of biomethane having been deemed unlawful
8. Whose Chairman, Angus Cameron, is the first cousin of the Prime Minister’s late father.
9. Which this small, rural community is fighting through 4 planning appeals, the first of which is the Hearing for the Crouchland Biogas appeal of the part-refusal of a Certificate of Lawfulness, on the 12th and 13th May 2016 at the Assembly Rooms, The Council House, North Street, Chichester PO19 1LQ. Plaistow & Ifold and Kirdford Parish Councils, on behalf of the Parish communities, will be represented by a legal team, barrister and an AD Expert. PORE will also speak.
FARM FUELS LTD; (wholly owned by Crouchland Biogas Ltd);
1. Has been called back to a reconvened Traffic Commissioners Public Inquiry on the 17th May 2016, to consider disciplinary action for using Crouchland Farm as an unauthorised HGV operating centre.
2. Applied on the 21st April 2016 for a new licence to use Unit 0, Rosier Business Park, Billingshurst RH14 9DE as an operating centre for 8 goods vehicles and 12 trailers.
COWPOW LTD; (whose sole Director is Leon Mekitarian – the Managing Director of Crouchland Biogas Ltd);
1. On April 22nd Leon Mekitarian applies to OFGEM via Cowpow Ltd, for a new ‘Gas Supply Licence’ but from his Hardnips Barn address, (just 200 yards from the Crouchland Biogas AD site
See the two photos below - even the machines are asking for help!